Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A well known preacher in the 19th century once said that he would beg all week just for the opportunity to preach the gospel on a Sunday morning. Do we really think like that today? Do I think that way? As I prepare for Sunday morning or Sunday evening for that matter or even for the mid week Bible study, am I praying that God will speak through me? As I pray am I really pleading with God for the people who I am addressing? Do I say to God- "Lord, give me Belfast or I die?" Do I pray "Reach out with your hand of grace to the para militaries and to the drug pushers and the people who seek to control others or to make them victims"?

I think that all too often we preach a mesage which says- take it is true- if we leave the sovereignty of God out of the equasion. I need to learn how to plead with men and women on Sundays, after pleading with God during the week, as if it all depended on human choice, knowing that it is in the hands of a sovereign God- is that not true?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

t shirts
Free Web Page Counters
t shirts
Link